Monday, August 4, 2014

Summer Fun

Summer has been fun.
And hard.
The neighborhood pool has been great for Micah learning to swim, and for overall just wearing the boys out during the day.
But the days sometimes get long, and as much as I know I shouldn't, I sometimes wish away summer so the boys will be back in school.
I like the structure of the school year, but I also like the laziness of summer.
I like that we are moving into a new house soon, but don't like the process of packing and moving again.
Looking back on pictures for the summer, though, one of my favorite parts is getting to go to Watermarks Camp. We went for a whole week in the beginning of the summer and then for a day visit in the middle.
It was awesome because I love it there, love the people, love being outside all day exploring...and it was awesome to introduce our boys to this and watch them thrive. Watch them experience things that they wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity to try...
SLIDES!

 ZIP LINE!!
 NEW FRIENDS!!
 LOTS of STICKS!!

 SWINGS and WATER TIME!


 ROCK WALL!!
 BEING BRAVE!
 A NEW FRIEND!
 GAGA BALL!
That face sums it up. 

I am ready for summer to end. I am ready for the kids to go to school. 
But I don't want to wish this time away, so this is a good reminder to me today of some of the fun we have had and how much I love being able to have adventures with my boys and see the excitement of life through their eyes!

No comments: