Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Success!!

I was inspired last week by my friend Christin and all of her pictures of stuff she got at yard sales:) i have tried all summer (at least when i could) to get out on Saturday mornings and find good deals on baby stuff, and to no avail! But finally! This weekend was it!! Compared to finding nothing in the past it wasn't like I got a car full, but I walked away very pleased with the outcome.
I planned my whole route based on what times they started and where they were, and also based on what they were offering at the sale. I made it to my first location at 6:30!! And it was at a school and the parking lot was packed already, but it was a great find!!! It was the planning, it had to be the difference. It also helps a lot to know the sex now...
I found a heavy duty dresser that will be able to double as a changing table for the baby's room. I got a bouncer in a box that had never even been open. I got some plush toys, including a pillow in the shape of an Eagles helmet (for my husband). And I got a bunch of outfits that look like they could all be brand new, and it was all so cost-efficient!!!
I don't have pictures now, but just picture the smile on my face right now because of my excitement for my finds:):):):)

1 comment:

Christin said...

WOO HOO!!! buying something for pennies on the dollar is a 'grand' feeling, aint it? :)