Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer Fun

Micah is taking swim lessons this week! Don't have pictures since I am in the water with him. Really, they say it is more swim lessons for the parents. HAHA. Well, lessons in teaching your own kid how to swim. Equipping me to continue equipping him. I like the idea!
We were trying to warm him up to the idea of what was to start this past Monday, so last Saturday we had him out in his baby pool.

I don't see anything wrong with this picture, but Matt thought it was funny, so he took it! It is a little uneven in spots, but I promise I didn't leave it like this just to see what crazy pattern we could make on his face. Promise!
He did good in the pool, but even better the next day in the lake! His first time in the lake! Sad face here as I recall that I forgot my camera for this momentous occasion. But it was great. He splashed and laughed (except when daddy played peek-a-boo in the water, Micah didn't like not knowing where he was!) and had a great time before falling asleep on the dock under a tent. So cute!
Swim lessons are going great. It just plum wears him out! He falls asleep on the way home (or sooner, like today when he fell asleep on my shoulder as I was exiting the water) and then sleeps for hooouuuurrrss. I mean, 3-4 at a time, maybe even twice in a day! Poor guy, that 30 minutes in the water is almost too much for him. If he didn't love it when he was in there I might begin to think I was torturing him. Good thing I'm not!

No comments: