Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pillow Fights

My husband has recently learned that our son loves to have pillow fights! Granted, my son just turned 1 and cannot "fight" back, but he has some of his biggest belly laughs ever during these special moments with my husband. He plays on a big bed so the "knockouts" have a soft landing, and Micah just keeps coming back for more. It's hilarious to watch!
Last night as I was getting ready to leave the house, I heard them playing in the other room...then I heard a loud thump, followed by a second or two of silence, followed by "that can't be good" and then came the crying.
As much as this game has been fun and full of laughter (and seemingly safe) my immediate thought was that my husband accidentally knocked Micah off the bed. Bad thought, I know, but that's all I could think had happened. I ran into the other room to a crying baby reaching out for me. Matt said he was off the bed and was walking pretty fast towards some shelves nearby when he slipped and he thought he hit his forehead on the shelves. It wasn't long before we saw the blood coming out of his mouth though, and quickly realized it wasn't his head. Poor guy got a little bit of gum, a little lip, and cheek. Gum and lip were creating the blood and cheek was red and turning into a bruise. He cried hard for a bit, Dad felt horrible of course, but a little juice and yogurt quickly cured all woes...
Here's a look at the red/bruising cheek and bloody shirt shortly after.

And the next day, a little showing of the bruise and slightly puffy lip. His gums up top are a little red, but seems as though everything is where it should be...

No comments: