Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday's Fave Five: July 9


It's been a while for me. Again. But I love it, so I back. And linking up over here.
We were out of town last Friday. Went to visit a lot of my husband's family, and tried to make it seem more like our first vacation as a family of 4! Back for a while now though, so things should be (maybe) regular. These are my top moments over the last two weeks...the things that make my heart excited for life!

1. family vacation. We headed out of town last week for a retirement party and decided to try to make it into our first "family vacation" with the boys. We took our time getting there and getting home, as both boys pretty much hate the car, so we would stop for an hour or more at a time at places we could let Micah run around and play and just let Judah be free from the seat. The travel time wasn't as bad as I thought, and it was great to enjoy some extra time together as a family.

2. running.  My husband and I decided that this would be the week to really start getting back in shape. I could put some blame on having 2 kids under 2, but I really just haven't made it a priority. That is over. Judah is getting more consistent with sleeping through the night, but still usually wakes up sometime in the 6 am time-frame, so I figured hubs and I could take turns running in the morning/spending time with Judah before Micah wakes up. We decided on Mon/Wed/Fri since we don't have early meetings to get ready for. And I am 3 for 3! Feels good!

3. bible reading. I read about some people starting the "Bible in 90 Days" challenge and since that is the series we are about to go through with our Middle Schoolers at church (the goodness of reading the Bible) I got really excited and decided to take the challenge. It has been great! It is fast, but I think this helps me to enjoy the overall story throughout. I have a Bible app on my iTouch and this helps me a ton to be able to just read whenever and wherever I am (and with only one hand needed) and I don't have all the extra notes/commentary to work through and make my readings longer...it's been a good experience for me thus far!

4. 4th of july with micah. Last year Micah slept through any fireworks...as did Judah this year. But hubs walked Micah down the road (where a local church was handing out watermelon) and sat on the lawn so they could view the fireworks from our local baseball stadium. Micah seems to be a little more serious in situations like these, just taking it all in...observing everything he can, as quietly as he can. So young, yet already seeing that personality (seen in the video below)...

5. open house. We are not moving, or having an open house...but I am striving to make my house more open in general. I would love for someone to stop by during the day and me not be embarrassed by the clutter/dishes/mess around the house. I would love to have more people over for meals and not have to spend all day cleaning because I haven't worked on it all week...so these are things I am working on...making my house more inviting. Making it a place where we feel free to have people over more often, and just because...it's happened some recently and I have greatly enjoyed the extra time spent with people in our home, but I would love for it to be happening even more often...

2 comments:

Lisa notes... said...

Glad you had some good family time. Always fun. Your boys are adorable. Good luck with your running. 3 times a week is a great schedule. That's what I have done for years and it works for me.

I pray your Bible reading continues to go well, too. Sounds like you are on the ball. Have a great weekend!

Susanne said...

I love the goal you mentioned in #5. That is a great motivator and once you give it a start and enjoy that company instead of being stressed it will help you stay motivated.

Way to go on your running. Cheering you on!

Sounds like you guys had a lovely vacation as a family!