Thursday, December 4, 2008

false alarm!

So monday was fun (in a sense) but i wouldn't have asked to do it again...and i didn't...ask, that is...
so yesterday i had to go in for some follow-up testing for what i had done in the hospital on monday, a better look at my baby and his condition, plus my regular appointment to follow. i was excited to see my little guy again on the ultrasound and hopefully get some news from my doc that i had dilated even more...
well, i did get to see more of my baby (and besides getting a little sick from the position on my back) it was fun and he passed all of his "tests" with flying colors: breathing, swallowing, moving, he is such a good boy!!
and i did get news of more dilation, from 2 cm on monday to 4 cm yesterday! that's some nice progress!
so i figure that is it, now i go home and continue to try and figure out exactly what a contraction feels like, i mean, obviously my body is getting ready and i need to make sure i am paying full attention!!
BUT, my vision is still weird, my blood pressure is still high (of course they took it while i was not feeling well during the ultrasound) and they are also worried about the ratio of blood flow from me to the baby, so my doc says go home and get your bags and head back to the hospital. you mean, my bags! the ones i am supposed to take when i am going to deliver? yes, those, because if nothing changes, we may try and get this little guy out today. TODAY?!
i mean, i want to have him early, definitely before Christmas, but i don't think i was quite mentally prepared...
but we did as asked, and then headed back to the hospital, only to be asked by every single nurse that saw me what i was in for and what tests were supposed to be done to me??? for some reason i thought they should know this info and should not be going off of my lame terms that i might have overtly picked up from my doc, like, i don't know, something having to do with fluid and blood and baby???
well, confused or not, the tests were eeeevvveennnntttuuuaaalllyyy done on me, my blood pressure was monitored, the baby was monitored and after a lllooooonnngg and boring stay once again we were sent home...
so, i think we are a little more ready for the real thing now. the process of staying calm while loading stuff in the car, the route we have decided will be best to take, finding our way to the right floor and getting a room...it's like we're pros! let's do this!!

No comments: