Saturday, January 24, 2009

My little man...

Micah turned 6 weeks yesterday!!
It's funny how quickly he is growing up and forming his own personality...i mean, I'm sure that personality is a pretty close reflection of Matt and I, but I like to think of it as his own...

I think he is going to be stubborn, and independent...and those can be strengths and weaknesses, like many other traits as well...he likes what he likes and he seems to have learned already how to get it. He has a good lower lip pouty face, he has a death scream, and he has a kind of evil smile, like he knows he just got what he wanted...HAHA!!

He is also staying awake more during the day, mostly right after he eats, and this is a good thing, but with it comes nap time after about an hour or two of this awake time and I think he is having a harder time falling asleep...at least this is what it seems like. But it is teaching us to watch for the signs that he is getting sleepy and we need to wrap him but before the screaming starts so that he can feel cozy and begin to doze off...the screaming is not so much fun, so we are learning rather quickly how his timing works!

At the same time, we are trying to remain as the ones in charge, not him...and with this we tried the other day to let him "cry it out." We said we would give it 5 minutes and it almost seemed like he was going to stop after about 2, but then it got even louder and after about 4 I could not stand it anymore as it sounded like he was hardly breathing between screams and his face was blood red and his veins were popping out of his head...I think he was mad! haha, but I picked him up and of course all was fine...we'll try again soon...

No comments: