Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Alone Time

No. Not for me.
This is not an expectation I really have for myself right now.
But I do find it kinda cool and funny at the same time that my 15 month old really seems to need it.
Micah often takes a long morning nap still, and I am SO okay with this. But he definitely can't go from when he wakes up from that nap until bedtime without another nap. At least not yet. Or at least it seems.
Most days around 2 or 3 in the afternoon (right about when we all hit our afternoon slump, right?) he starts acting tired again. And he is usually very willing to go to his room. And he is usually quiet for a bit, but then he starts talking.
We leave him up there until he starts to sound like he is ready to get out, not like he is just up there talking to himself and enjoying his time. I told hubby yesterday that we need to put our video camera in there one afternoon just to see what he does during this time.
I think it is great that my kid is just over a year (though he has done this for quite some time) and already he knows that he needs some time in his day where it is just him and his own little world in his room!

No comments: