Thursday, March 18, 2010

Letting is slide... no more...

For a while I feel like I got into a food slump.
Feeding the same easy foods to my toddler, knowing he would like and eat them.
Knowing it wouldn't be a battle I would have to deal with as he spits out food, or won't even taste a bite of food that doesn't look familiar, and then be angry and hungry when I don't offer him an alternative.
But I decided this needed to change. He is 15 months, he should be eating more of what we are eating, and I should be trying more new foods, textures, flavors, etc. with him.
So we have been. Dinner has been early (for us), together, and has been (surprisingly) a good experience. He never ceases to amaze me.
We have had quiche and chicken enchiladas (still food that was brought to us after the new baby arrived) and this morning we had eggs for breakfast. He has tried them all, has been eating with us, and has totally surprised me at his willingness to eat new foods. I thought it would be a big battle each night (which isn't fun at the end of a long day), but we are blessed, and our little Micah is quickly becoming a big boy!

No comments: