Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday's Fave Five: May 21


This week has flown by! Sometimes that's a good thing, sometimes not. This week it's not so much good or bad but just where did it go?! It went by so fast I am just trying to think of what actually happened...

1. Yard Sale. I finally made myself do it. I had reason why I wanted to and reason why I didn't, but when I found out our neighbors were doing one I knew we had to! Good thing I had already spent some time prepping or life may have gotten rough, especially with the in laws coming in town that same day! I'm glad we did it, and thankful for the extra money and the cleaning out of stuff, but by far this was my favorite part of the sale (Judah chilling in the chair!):
2. Short Term Memory. This works well for having kids. Once we see them and love on them, we forget about the negative parts of pregnancy and labor. And same with a rough day or sleepless nights or crying babies...In the moment when they are cute as ever, or smile in the most adorable way back at us, it is so easy to forget the tantrums and headaches and fatigue. Short term memory is a good thing for me this week!

3. More veggies please. Micah has been a picky eater as he has gotten older, but is getting better. He loves a variety of foods, but veggies seem to be the hardest. He just looks at them and decides something is wrong with them. So until he will start eating them just because I want him to, I am okay with  sneaking them into his foods. And because of this he has gotten a lot more spinach and beets (in a dessert, a baked oatmeal and pancakes) than ever. And he likes the foods! Score!

4. Computer Upgrade. We had a problem with our server at work last week, and our email didn't work for a bit, but because of this I got an upgrade on my computer that I had yet to get, and my work email works from home again (it has been sketchy for about 6 months) and this has been amazing. I have realized how much I have missed it and how much easier and more efficient it makes work (and life)!

5. Grilling Season. The weather has gotten a little nicer (depending on the day) and grilling season it is. This tends to mean quicker meals, less mess in the kitchen, and my husband making dinner instead of me! What a great season!

Linked to Living to Tell the Story.

4 comments:

Jerralea said...

Ooh I love going to yard sales, but hate to give them!

I love the name of your baby, Judah. Did you know that it means "praise"?

I think three of us have mentioned grilling season now ... FFF posters must love to grill!

Brenda said...

It is hard to do a yard sale, it seems like so much trouble to just bring in a few $$.

Grilling season is good. . . . its just another excuse to be outdoors.

Susanne said...

So many of us have grilling on FFF's. LOL.

I haven't thrown a yard sale in a long time. It's a great way to get rid of stuff you no longer want though. I can see your little guy was a great help. ;v)

Loved the short term memory one. Oh, what we Mom's forget when we get one of those adorable smiles thrown our way or toddler hugs around our necks.

Willow said...

Hahaha! Grilling season! I should have included it too as The Professor pulls out the barbie at least once a week! And short term memory? Yep, best thing for a new mom.

Have a great weekend!