Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday's Fave Five: May 7

I missed last wee as I was taking my son to his two month check up and then getting us all ready to leave for the weekend...sad that I missed, and now looking back over two weeks worth of goodness!

1. Anniversary. My husband and I had our 4 year anniversary at the end of last week. To celebrate that, and my husband's birthday that was a couple of days ago, I tagged along (with my two month old and left my toddler with grandma) to a volleyball tournament and then we got to spend an extra night out of town. We "slept in" a bit, then went for a long stroll around town on a beautiful day!

2. Cinco de Mayo. Always fun to find a reason to get together with friends and eat good food. And this was no exception. And I greatly enjoy mexican food!

3. Going for walks. Whether it's around the block or at the park, in the stroller or with backpacks and carriers, it's been great weather and a good excuse to get outside and get some exercise. And get out some of the toddler's energy too!

4. Smiles. My first son was not the most expressive baby. He's always been a bit more shy and reserved at first. But my infant has been full of smiles and it is such a joy to try and make noises and faces and get him to respond with bug smiles!

5. Indulgences. It's always fun to go out of town once in a while, or celebrate a special occasion and just allow ourselves to indulge. It doesn't happen often, but is very refreshing. Good food, fun times, and good memories all made anniversary, birthday and going out of town extra special!

Sorry there are no fun pictures, have had a busy week and have not gotten pics off my camera recently.
Head on over to "Living to Tell the Story" for more grateful reports.

6 comments:

Brenda said...

A babies smile really does make the world better. And a week with Cinco de Mayo is good too!

Jerralea said...

It's great that you all got to have some little indulgences - it makes life fun. Baby smiles make life fun, too, as does Mexican food!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Sounds like you had a very special week!

Anniversaries and indulgences are good for moms!!

Don't you love getting the kids outside? Have a great weekend!

Susanne said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby and Happy Anniversary to you both! Getting away to celebrate is awesome.

Baby smiles and giggles are the best.

Karyn said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sounds like a week full of happy things!

Smiles from babies are the best!

Willow said...

Happy Birthday to your husband, Happy Anniversary and Happy Mother's Day! This is quite the busy (and blessed) week! Babies' smiles can light up an entire room and entire day! Love my walks too...