Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I'm such a pro!


HAHA!
I am nothing of the sort, but it is a funny thought!
I do feel as though I am quickly learning what is most needed in any situation, especially pertaining to what I need to have on hand for Micah when I am out and about. And what I might need at each place and in each situation is often different, but I feel I am quickly grasping the ins and outs of this.
When he was first born, I would carry big bags with 2 or 3 of everything I would definitely need, plus anything I thought I might remotely need, as well anything I just wasn't sure about...thus, the big bag weighing me down on the opposite arm on which I am straining to carry to car seat!
So, this past Sunday I was in the "nursing mother's" room at church with a new mom of an 18 day old baby and I quickly realized this is probably what I looked like just a couple months ago (up until about just a few weeks ago!).
She had a huge changing pad and large (I mean large, like for a couch) blanket laid out on the floor for her son. She had a suitcase sized bad with other necessities (I did not see other stuff come out of it during our time together) as well as the car seat for the baby. I know it sometimes feels like I am carrying a million extra things "just in case" but I feel like I am getting better at knowing what I will really need vs. what I can live without or what I can find a sub for if the situation absolutely arises.
I think this is a part of being a new mom, but I think it is also just a part of where I am naturally at in life right now, which is learning to be a little more simplified and practical in the way I live life. I have just recently started a blog to record my thoughts about this journey. Visit me over here too.

No comments: