Friday, April 16, 2010

Friday's Fave Five: April 16th


Last week I felt very refreshed after writing down my favorites from the week as it gave me great perspective on life! So I am way excited to do it again this week, linking up over at Living to Tell the Story.

This week was actually a really good week!

1. Working out! My husband and I dropped our YMCA membership at the beginning of this year to save money. It has not bothered me much until just recently when I have wanted to pick back up with working out after my son's recent birth. We looked into the latest craze of P90X, but didn't want to invest all the money in that right now, so we started our own version this week. Intervals, walking, running, weights, abs, you name it, we probably tried it this week. And my body is SORE! In a good way!

2. Baby Sleeping. My 6 week old has really struggled with sleeping at night, and I have struggled with figuring out what's best for him. But I think we hit a breakthrough last night with just one main wake-up for a meal and getting back to sleep quickly. I hope this is a new stage.

3. Free coffee and a date! Starbucks had a promotion yesterday for bringing in your own mug and getting free coffee in it. I used to work there and still love their coffee, plus it was fun to have a "coffee date" with my husband (and 2 kids, gotta take what we can get right now).

4. Family meal times. My toddler's been pretty picky about food since he was about 11 or 12 months, but he seems like he is hitting a phase where he is being better about trying new foods. This is very exciting for me because I like the idea of fixing one meal and sitting down together to eat it. And this has worked surprisingly well this week, including him trying (and eating!) lots of new foods this week.

5. Coaching volleyball! I have been coaching volleyball for the past few years almost year-round, but ever since my 16 month old was born, I have cut back slightly, just doing whatever I could whenever I could. And this after this past school season I totally stopped (instead of helping with travel ball) and it feels like it's been forever...but I started back up last night! I am doing 7 weeks of teaching 4-6th grade girls how to play the game and I am very excited to be back at it. Absence does make the heart grow fonder!

4 comments:

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Oh, I do hope your little one has truly reached a new stage. And I'll pray for patience if he hasn't!

Great that you're back to coaching. Moms need to do something for them sometimes. And working out with your hubby sounds like a great idea.

Come on over for some mom inspiration and encouragement.

Susanne said...

Here's hoping that your little one continues on with the better sleeping at night time and that your toddler continues trying new foods.

I know what you mean about feeling a good sore. I need to get back to that.

Karyn said...

working out with your hubby is a great thing to do!

Coaching is a rewarding and fun thing to do...especially if you love the sport you are coaching. Glad you have something that you do for just you.

Even more than hoping your little one keeps on sleeping longer, I hope your toddler continues to be less picky....that can be a real challenge.

Have a good week, filled with love and joy.

Willow said...

Your coaching sounds like fun, for you. I'm glad you are able to continue. I got my Starbuck's cofffee on Thursday too! It was great!

Have a good week ahead and watch for the positive things!