Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday's Fave Five: April 9th


At some point in the last week I was blog-hopping and happened along Living to Tell the Story's post of Friday's Fave Five. I think it can be easy to look back on a week, or a day, or sometimes even an hour and get frustrated. By all the things I didn't get done. By all the times I got impatient with my kids. By all the time I spent cleaning and cooking and baking and doing laundry and not doing things I might rather be doing. And it has been one of those weeks, and so I think this means I need to look back over my week and find my fave five (if not more) so I keep my perspective in the right place.

1. This past weekend was Easter, and not only is that a reminder of what Jesus has done for me, but I got to watch my 15 month old gather eggs for the first time. What a great thing to experience life (even collecting Easter eggs) through the eyes (and joy) of a toddler!

2. The weather has been absolutely amazing (maybe even a little warm yet for this time of year) and has given me great motivation to get out with my double stroller, my two kids, and to try and get back my pre-baby body.

3. I went to a church service on Wednesday (even with both kids), knowing my toddler has a rough time, but also knowing that he loves music and it would be good for me as well. Well, he is getting to a stage where he is to old to sit still at all but too young to require him to really sit still and be quiet. We ended up out in a large open area with other kids who couldn't quite handle the environment with their families and I just loved watching my son interact with the other kids, running around, chasing, being chased, and just having a great time enjoying space and life and his new friends!

4. I went for a long walk (in beautiful weather) with both boys and a friend who has a son about halfway in age between my two. It was good for our sons to be around each other, good for me to have adult conversation, and good for me to interact with another mom that has a kid in a similar stage. Working on having more times like this!

5. Watching my older son enjoy my infant. The first couple of weeks wasn't this way when Judah was born, but Micah has warmed up tremendously. He loves trying to calm Judah when he is crying, loves giving hugs and kisses, loves holding him, and immediately points to where he is whenever he hears a noise from him. This brings me joy and makes me excited for when they can better interact as they get older!

See, it was a good week. I am mostly reminding myself. Perspective is everything!

9 comments:

ellen b said...

It is great when the weather is nice and you all can have a walk in the fresh air. Two little boys...what a blessing.
Enjoy and I'm sure your will drop all that baby weight in due time :0)

Susanne said...

Welcome Angela, to FFF! Your chilren are adorable. I loved your first fave about looking through the eyes of a toddler! It would do us all good to do that once in awhile. It certainly changes perspective!

A very sweet and wonderful start to FFF. I hope you join us again!

Stephani Cochran said...

Welcome to fff! Your babies are precious! I love the names Micah and Judah. That long walk you had sounds good about now. The weather is so nice and I want to enjoy it before it gets too hot! Have a nice week!

Barbara H. said...

I love Easter week, too. And I have been loving this spring weather.

I am glad you got some walks and adult fellowship in this week. Both are so refreshing.

Brenda said...

I wanted to read your post and comment but for some reason the writing came up grey on my screen and did not contrast enough with the black background for me to be able to see it.

Maybe next week. .. .

Karyn said...

Welcome to FFF!

2 little boys! You are blessed, indeed.

Glad you got a chance to go to church and to walk with a friend.

Hope to see you again next week!

Angela said...

Thanks for all the fun and welcoming comments. This was a great post for me to look back positively on my week and I look forward to many more fridays!
Brenda, I tried to make the font a little lighter for you, not sure what happened there.
Thanks for visiting!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Welcome, welcome! I love FFF because it makes me look back and appreciate the blessings of the week.

You have to come visit me -- I have four sons. I love your "double trouble." So glad your Wed. service turned out good even if it wasn't what you expected.

Community with other moms is SO important. Have a blessed week!

Willow said...

Hi Angela, Welcome to FFF! It truly does help us to focus on gratitude all week long. Being out in the sunshine and warm weather and exercising is SO good for you all. I love being outside walking.

I noticed that zenhabits is on your blog roll. You might also enjoy becomingminimalist which is one of my current fave simplicity/minimalism blogs.

Have a great weekend!