Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday's Fave Five: April 23rd


I am linking up, along with some other great bloggers and posts, at Living to Tell the Story.
No lying here, it hasn't been an amazing week, but I know this will help me put things back in perspective and will change my outlook for the rest of my day and the weekend! Glad it's Friday!

1. Family visit. My hubby's dad and stepmom came down for a visit, and although it was quite short, we all had a great time! Micah hasn't been around them much since they live in PA, but he warmed up very quickly and was sad to see them go! I wanted a pic of the generations of guys, but I was too slow and lost the attention of the kids... but I at least got Micah sporting his new outfit from Pappy and Grammy.
2. Baby Carrier. Micah wasn't one to want to be carried unless necessary, and he didn't like carriers. I had a few to choose from and was hoping #2 would do better since I would need to be more hands free to help with the quick toddler! I used a sling a bit in the beginning, but recently tried out another carrier I was given and I love it and Judah seems to love it! Makes the thought of going places with both more bearable.
3. Strawberries! They are in season and cheap and I enjoy them greatly. I cut up a bunch and wanted to do something a little different than normal. I found a recipe for homemade vanilla bean pudding and already had everything on hand, so I made pudding from scratch for the first time ever and had some on top of a big bowl of fresh strawberries. It was delightful!
4. Running. My hubs and I continued to workout together this week, but he did something to his neck yesterday and could hardly hold his head up straight, much less do anything, so he gave me a few minutes to get out of the house and go for a run. The weather was perfect, I didn't have to push a stroller, and it felt great to push my body a little harder. At one point in my life I ran a marathon. Yesterday I was excited that I ran for 10 minutes straight! HaHa!

5. Baby Sleeping. Judah hasn't done amazing all week, but last night he did do one 5 hour stretch, and for me, that is an accomplishment and a good sign for the future! His brother is a great sleeper and I am hoping for the same with him!

Okay, I feel much better about my week now!

4 comments:

Gabe said...

Found you through Friday Faves. . .i'm loving the strawberries too. We had white choc chip and whole wheat pancakes topped with strawberries for breakfast! So yummy. . tastes like summer!
Gabe

Karyn said...

Micah is such a cute little guy!

Is that baby carrier the one that wraps around you and the baby? Two of my girls used that one - they love it. Actually, one used it until the 'baby' was almost a year old! It's great.
(Now if that is a different carrier, everything I just said was useless to you...LOL)

The strawberries look delicious and the vanilla pudding sounds great! Good for you to make it from scratch! I think I've only made pudding from scratch once in 32 years of marriage!

Karyn said...

PS......hope the 5 hours stretch for baby is the beginning of long nights of sleep!

Susanne said...

Yummy, homemade vanilla pudding over strawberries. Never thought of that.

Yay for those 5 hour stretches. Hopefully, little Judah will be putting lots of those together soon!