Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cry Baby

HAHA, this has a whole new meaning to me now!! I do have a 2 1/2 month old cry baby, lol!
So, last night Micah had a very big crying fit and I began to possibly see myself in him, and not sure if that is a good thing or not...
I've recently looked at my baby pictures and can see better how much his mouth looks like mine...even some of his smiles and smirks!!
I've also recently noticed how big I stretch after I wake up from sleep or a nap...just like his big stretches I have always thought were so cute but didn't realize they were very similar to mine!
But last night I think I might have seen more of his personality that could turn out to be similar to mine...the part where I work well with a schedule and with things happening like they are supposed to happen (although just having a kid has made me much more flexible in life). I fed him around 4, but left to go workout at the Y and forgot to change his diaper, which usually happens right after I feed him...so I got home and realized he was still unchanged and was VERY wet, so I thought he would enjoy a dry diaper and I changed him around 6...but I had no intention of feeding him until 7 since he goes about 3 hours normally and that would be right before volleyball practice...
He was having none of this! Almost immediately after I changed him he started crying and we could just not get him to stop for about 45 minutes...not with talking or music or position change or any of the things that normally work...he should not have been hungry yet, but once I finally fed him he was totally fine and then I got worried...is he like me?? That little bit of a different routine with the diaper change?? Was he so afraid that if I changed him then, that maybe, just maybe, I had forgotten to feed him??? Or is he already so aware of the routine that he knew something was desperately wrong and he could just not come to grips with it???
For the most part, he seems a very laid back kid...but that had a lot of drama involved.
I am slightly excited and slightly apprehensive about what else I might see in him that comes from me......

No comments: