Thursday, February 19, 2009

Crying

Micah really doesn't cry too often unless he is just having a bad day...
Normally it is a hungry cry if I am not fast enough to whip out the milk, or else it is a cry that stems from being too tired and not being put in a position he can fall asleep (the way he wants)... but whatever cry it is, it always still seems to be cute...

But lately we have noticed some new cries. I know he is only 9 weeks, but I have figured out the sound of most of his cries, the hungry one vs. the tired one for example...So, most of the other ones are just fake, the main difference seems to be how long he is willing to keep it going vs. how long we can go without feeling so sorry for him that we pick him up. Last night, though, there was a new tired one. I think it was the "I'm so tired I can even open my mouth for the cry" so it was a much deeper and more pitiful sounding cry. And even now, it's sort of a whimpering one that seems to say "I really don't want to be in this swing but I do not have the energy to really cry all out and let you know that, so I will just whimper a little here and there to let you know I am not content".

HAHA...this is what my day consists of: feeding, playing, changing the diaper, figuring out the cry, getting a little work done when he eventually falls asleep, then starting the cycle over again...makes me laugh to think about it that way!

No comments: