Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's the little things...

It's funny how life changes once you have a kid, especially the things that you get excited for...

I still get excited to coach volleyball and play volleyball. I still look forward to working out and spending time with my husband. I am excited to get back to hiking and camping...

BUT, I get much more excited about the simple things in life these days, like Micah having a good poop after a few days without one...

Or what about a really good burp after a feeding...

...or a big smile that reveals his dimple...

...or watching him just chill, wide awake and entertaining himself...

...or an extra half hour of sleep at night between feedings...

...or Micah fitting into an outfit that used to be too big for him...

...some are silly, some are small, some seem big, but all these and more get me so much more excited now as a mother (of the most beautiful baby boy!) than I could have thought...

It's the little things in life...