Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sleep is Sweet!

I wasn't sure if I should even write about this for fear that it would be a one time thing and I would be sharing my excitement over something that would quickly fade and be forgotten. But no...
So, two night ago Micah ate at 10:40 pm and was in bed by 11. He quickly fell asleep and did not wake until 5:25!! How exciting it is to sleep over 6 hours in a row!
This was very exciting for me and I only hope that it wouldn't be a one-time thing. Micah was fairly normal throughout the rest of yesterday, except that he had a very long crying around 6 pm (and I even thought about not going to volleyball practice because he was being such a drama queen). He ate around 7, though, and that seemed to calm him down, so I dressed him and talked to him about being good at practice:):) Well, I guess he heard me because he fell asleep on the way to practice and did not wake until after we got home!!! Almost 3 hours all in all....
Now, this was great in that a parent simply watched him in his car seat while matt and I both got to coach, but it was also worrisome in that he was having a very long and deep nap not long before I would want him to sleep through the night again....but low and behold, he proved me wrong!!!
We came home and I fed him around 10 and then got some things done around the house while matt kept him awake until about 11 when we all went to bed...and I didn't hear from Micah again until....
5 AM!!!
Another great night, 6 hours straight of sleep. And he may have slept longer, but he was starting to stir a little and I needed to feed him then since I was already getting up soon to fix breakfast for a meeting...
Two nights in a row...what a great birthday present, Thank You Micah!!

No comments: