Wednesday, June 10, 2009

There's a first for everything!

Right now there are firsts every day. Really! Every. Single. Day. I am actually surprised that it took almost six months for this first.

If you have a weak stomach, or if you are reading this while eating, you might want to stop reading. Now. Stop.

Micah had a dirty diaper yesterday evening. Not a first, you already know that! Since he was dirty anyways, I decided to go ahead and give him a bath. I cleaned up the diaper, held him under the running water to get his bum clean, and then bathed him. He wasn't real into it (and this is not normal for him and the bath) so I didn't keep him in there long.

Got him a towel, bundled him up and took him to his room. I dried him and got a clean diaper ready when i realized that he still had some poo in his butt! Did i seriously do that bad in the bath tub? I'm a terrible mom!

I wiped him, put on the clean diaper and put him down for a nap. I tried to redeem myself and show that I am a good mom by going back into the bathroom and cleaning right away. I went to dump the water out of his little tub and I was appalled. And then I laughed. Out loud!

He pooped in the tub!!! How did I miss that? I think I am still a bad mom for missing that! Where was I when he was doing his business? Looking back, maybe this is why he was not as excited as normal. Maybe it's why he was leaning to the side while sitting in the tub. Needed some leverage.

Niiice.

No comments: