Sunday, June 7, 2009

A whole new world...

Sing it with me. A whole new world...

OK, you can stop. I think Micah is starting to be so much more aware of the world around him. I think his first two teeth are through and he seems to be doing SO much better now! Lots of things are new in this world of his now:

We used to be able to put Micah in his car seat once in a while while he would watch Baby Einstein (and poop). Recently, though, I looked up and saw the car seat leaning forward. I walked around and found this


We realized he would arch his back and slide down the front. Very quietly and sneaky. I guess he wanted a better view of the video.

He realizes Matt is watching and gives him a look that says "what? what are you looking at?"



He used to only like to be facing out when he was held, now he is OK with be carried facing us. And I really love it now when he puts his head down on my shoulder. LOVE this!

He used to go crazy, I mean crazy, whenever I walked into the middle school room with him at church. Now, he is totally OK. Matt even held him on stage today while leading a game, and then I stayed in there with him for a long time! This is very comforting to us since we work in there!

He went through a stage where he would NOT fall asleep on us, no matter what. Did not like to be held, but would get angry that he could not sleep. Within the past few weeks he has really turned around on this one, being much, much more cuddly and even falling asleep while being held.

Micah has always had a voice. He has a good set of lungs and he knows how to use them. But it is just recently that he is really learning how to use his voice to "talk" to us. And it is very cute. Here he is starting to learn how to express himself with his voice.



For about the past 3-4 weeks, Micah has been very attached to me, gradually getting worse. He was not doing well with other people, even ones he had once been comfortable with. But not today. Today he was reaching out for every other person he saw, graciously giving them a hug. He still gets really excited when he sees me after he has not for a while, giving me a big squeeze and sloppy kiss! And this I am thankful for!

We've tried to put him in the water before, but unless it is bath-water-warm he wanted nothing to do with it. Again, not today! He went in the pool with Matt. In the almost ice-cold water, and for the most part, was very ok with it. We put him in two separate times and he seemed to really enjoy it (in his ever so serious way of showing that he is enjoying himself!).

No comments: