Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A week with Grandma!


This is Micah visiting me one day last week!


I need to get some shirts for Micah and myself.

Mine would say "I survived a week without my son. Almost"

Micah's would say "I survived a week at Grandma's"

No. Not really. It was a great experience for Micah I am sure! We came back and he is walking and talking and eating steak...

Well, maybe not all of the above, but I think it really was great.

He was going through a fairly clingy stage just before we left, so I knew this would either be really hard or really good. It was really good. He was shying away from people he had previously been comfortable with. But after a week at grandma's he is ready to hug and smile at anyone!

He's getting more comfortable with falling asleep anywhere again. Even on our laps or in crazy environments.
His personality is coming through more now.
He is starting to be able to sit on his own.
He is responding to his name when called.
He is becoming even more aware of what and who is around him.

And there is so much more! It's crazy to think it has already been 6 months. It's also crazy to see how fast changes occur. Especially gone for just a week and coming back to a new little boy! What a lovely boy God has created for us!!

No comments: