Thursday, May 14, 2009

5 Months Old

Micah is 5 months old now. And a couple of days. Days still count at this age, right?
It's crazy how much he develops every single day. I feel like I say this all the time, but it's true, and I don't know that I will ever stop being amazed.
One day he looks at his hands as if he has just discovered that they are attached to his arms. The next day he realizes that if he has a noisy toy in his hand, he can make it noisy but moving his hands! WOW! What a great discovery. And it really does happen overnight!
Now he is grabbing just about everything, so watch out! Hair (that is still attached), cups, skin, blankets, toys, and on and on...gotta get on that whole baby-proofing process I suppose.
He is also starting to roll a little more, from his back to his stomach. Then he just plays on his stomach for a while after that.
He is much more aware of the people who are around him. The toys that have always been around him are just now coming alive to him.
He is getting more excited about kicking in the bathtub, and he even enjoys being rinsed off with the movable shower head.
He is still sleeping great through the night (as long as he is in his "straight jacket" of a swaddle). Nap times are not as easy. He often goes down for them OK, but can't figure out how to get himself back to sleep when he wakes in the middle. Still working on that one.
He has also just started doing really well with cereal this week. Which could also be the cause of not pooping for week. He just suddenly became interested, I mean really interested in what we are eating and drinking. And, with a little help from Grandma, has gotten pretty good at eating cereal about once a day. Can't wait to try new foods!!
Man, all this new stuff, within just a few days! It blows me away sometimes. It blows me away a lot. It still blows me away that this kid is even mine. And I love every minute of it!!

No comments: